Experience the sleek and futuristic designs of the Starfield Starborn ships as you embark on an epic journey through the cosmos. These powerful vessels are not only visually stunning, but they also pack a serious punch. Now, you may be wondering if it’s possible to acquire and pilot these incredible ships. Well, wonder no more! Our comprehensive guide will reveal all the secrets to obtaining and piloting Starborn ships in Starfield. But before we dive in, please be aware that this article contains spoilers.
Unlock the Power of Starborn Ships
Yes, you can absolutely pilot Starborn ships in Starfield, but there’s a catch. You can only access these magnificent vessels once you begin a New Game Plus run. If you’re unfamiliar with this mode, don’t worry! Our NG+ guide will provide you with all the information you need to make the most of this exciting gameplay feature.
Encounter Starborn Ships in the Main Campaign
In the main campaign, you’ll encounter plenty of Starborn ships, especially during the mission “All That Money Can Buy.” To increase your chances of encountering these ships, consider building the Armillary in strategic locations. Additionally, keep an eye out for Starborn ships landing on planets, as they often guard valuable resources.
Unfortunately, you won’t have direct access to these spacecraft in the main campaign:
- Even if you disable a Starborn ship’s engines, there’s no button prompt to dock and board.
- If a Starborn ship is destroyed, it will simply vanish.
- While on a planet, you can climb up a vessel’s slanted wings, but you won’t be able to interact with the door that leads to the interior.
Whether you encounter them in space or on a planet’s surface, acquiring a Starborn ship during your initial campaign is simply not possible.
Your Own Starborn Guardian II Ship in New Game Plus
However, once you start your NG+ run, prepare to be amazed. You’ll wake up in your very own Starfield Starborn ship, ready to explore the vast dimensions of the universe. Here are the impressive stats of your new ship:
- Reactor: Class-A
- Crew capacity: 5
- Cargo size: 950/150 shielded
- Jump: 30 light years
- Shield: 630
- Weapon systems: Solar Flare Beam (SOL) 24; Gravity Torpedo (TOR) 70
Just take a moment to appreciate the sheer power and beauty of this incredible vessel.
Now, here are some additional tips to help you make the most of your Starborn ship in Starfield:
- Don’t underestimate the power of your two weapons. The Solar Flare Beam delivers rapid-fire blasts, while the Gravity Torpedo inflicts massive damage.
- Enjoy the incredible speed and maneuverability of your ship. With a boost, you can traverse a 1,000-kilometer distance in less than two seconds.
- Engage the cloaking device by activating the thruster boost. This will cause hostiles to lose their target lock, giving you a tactical advantage.
- Prepare to impress ship technician NPCs and surprise those conducting scans in orbit. Your Starborn ship will leave them in awe.
- Keep in mind that this advanced spacecraft is not compatible with human vendors. You won’t be able to upgrade or replace its modules.
That’s everything you need to know about acquiring and piloting a Starborn ship in Starfield. As you embark on your New Game Plus adventure, don’t forget to check out our guides on skipping the main quest and meeting the Starborn Trader.
Starfield offers a vast and immersive gaming experience with countless planets to explore. For more tips and tactics, be sure to visit our guides hub.